Automated review rejected the snap with a weird looking error

“Failed to run click-review properly. click-review” - what does this even mean?

It’s a throw-back to before Snaps existed when the store was used to hold Click packages for Ubuntu Touch. Clicks evolved into what we now know as Snaps.

Hello,

This is caused by a bug in the snap store, which I’m in the process of fixing (ideally will rollout a fix today). Apologies for the trouble!

@lucyllewy you are somewhat correct in that indeed the tool used to automatically review snaps is an evolution of the one used to review click packages in the past :slight_smile: that’s why the “click” name permeated to 2018.

• Daniel

is there any workaround? Can I force it to be accepted? (it’s a branded store).

Hello,

You can’t work around it with the usual allowance mechanism for a branded store because due to the bug, execution stops before we obtain the list of review results, which is what the branded store’s override mechanism looks at.

The only way to work around it would be to modify your snap so it doesn’t cause the click-review tool to exit with a non-zero error code; but this may not be feasible because the tool can exit non-zero even for valid snaps (for example, it could exit non-zero if the snap uses certain plugs/slots, but then the store looks at the review results and can apply exemption policies or snap-declaration interface approvals).

I do apologize and realize it’s a critical blocker; I’m racing to release the fix, though I do have to go through a certain process which takes a bit of time. I appreciate your patience and will update here when the fix is released so you can retry your upload.

• Daniel

Hello,

I’ve released a fix for this problem, so you should be able to retry your upload now. Do let me know if you still see problems.

Cheers,

• Daniel