Auto-connection requests for qv2ray

Hello! I am the maintainer of qv2ray. It’s a proxy client and I want to request auto-connections for it.

1. network-control to monitor the network traffic
  2. network-manager to modify the system proxy settings via gsettings (org.gnome.system.proxy)
    3. system-observe to get host information

v2ray itself is used to configure network settings etc to bypass internet censorship etc - so this seems like quite reasonable and expected permissions to grant qv2ray which is a front-end for this. +1 from me for auto-connect of network-control, network-manager and system-observe for qv2ray

@reviewers - Any updates on this?

I want to know that is there any way to modify the kioslaverc file via kwriteconfig? We need that to change the KDE system proxy settings.

You can see the code here.

Could anybody vote on this? Thanks. @jdstrand @popey

This request has not received the required number of votes to proceed - could other @reviewers please take a look?

1 Like

+1 to both network-control as well as network-manager, they seem pretty obvious for such an application. Would you mind expanding a little on your use of system-observe? That doesn’t really meet my expectations for such an application unless it’s covering some network-related thing of which I’m unaware.

1 Like

You are right. We don’t need it.

Ah that makes it easy then, I vote

• +1 to network-control
  • +1 to network-manager
  • -1 to system-observe (although if you end up needing it, talk to us)

@alexmurray - Any update on this?

2 votes for network-control and network-manager, 0 votes for system-observe. Granting auto-connect for network-control and network-manager. This is now live.

1 Like