Auto-connection request for Umami

Hi all!

I’m submitting a request for Umami, which is a wallet for the Tezos blockchain. Within Umami, it is possible to use Ledger devices to store private keys and sign operations. To do so, we need to access to the usb interface, which after some debugging corresponds to:

• u2f-devices

Actually, ledgers are recognized using the u2f-devices interface. The current umami package does not define u2f-devices as pluggable but we will release a new one containing it (we actually discovered it was necessary until recently).

If you need more information or have any question, I’ll be happy to answer. Thanks in advance!

Edit: after another round of testing, it seems only u2f-devices is required to access the ledger, I’ve removed the need for raw-usb auto-connection

+1 from for for auto-connect u2f-devices as its clearly required to connect ledgers to the umami wallet snap. Can other @reviewers please vote?

+1 from me too for auto-connect of u2f-devices for umami - however it would be useful to have this (integration with Ledger devices) mentioned in the snap’s description - can you please add this @picdc? Thanks.

however it would be useful to have this (integration with Ledger devices) mentioned in the snap’s description - can you please add this @picdc? Thanks.

Sure, I’ve updated the description (and also pushed a new revision including the u2f-devices interface). Thanks.

+2 votes for, 0 votes against. Granting auto-connect of u2f-devices to umami. This is now live.

I can confirm the auto-connect is working. Thanks!

1 Like