[revoked] Auto-connection for the hunspell-dictionaries-1-3-1604 content interface

Dear @reviewers, I would like to request the auto-connection of the hunspell-dictionaries-1-3-1604 content interface provided by the hunspell-dictionaries content snap:
https://snapcraft.io/hunspell-dictionaries

This interface is meant to be shared across several snaps that utilize the Hunspell spell checking dictionaries and as a workaround/solution of Desktop: allow access to host hunspell dictionaries - snapd - snapcraft.io.

The slot’s versioning scheme is the libhunspell major-minor version + the source Ubuntu archive release version, after considering the complexiness of the dictionary format (Refer hunspell(5)).

Conforming-to: Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks

@reviewers
7 days have passed, I would like to request a voting period extension according to the protocol.

Sorry for the delay. It isn’t clear to me why this interface should be auto-connected for all snaps that declare it. Can you describe the rationale in more detail/ (I was thinking that one could install this snap and then connect it if you wanted add more dictionaries).

That said, the name of the slot is following the conventions laid out in Auto-connection for gnome-3-24 content interface. Specifically, the snap is using:

slots:
  hunspell-dictionaries-1-3-1604:
    content: hunspell-dictionaries-1-3-1604
    interface: content
    read:
    - $SNAP/usr/share/hunspell

/usr/share/hunspell only contains data files, so this actually feels more like the icon themes as discussed here: Auto-connection of gtk3-themes, icon-themes, and sound-themes interfaces.

Are the data files specific to libhunspell 1.3 or are they meant to be compatible across various releases of hunspell? Should your snap ship libhunspell for other snaps to use?

I’m currently packaging a snap with spellchecking features and would like to make it shipped with the dictionaries by default, as you can see the snap only features data files so it probably has fewer security concerns on not making it auto-connected.

On second thought keeping it non-autoconnect might also be sane for one that doesn’t need such feature :-/, disregard this request then.

Are the data files specific to libhunspell 1.3 or are they meant to be compatible across various releases of hunspell?

I’m not sure about the backward compatibility of hunspell dictionaries and thus be conservative about it.

Should your snap ship libhunspell for other snaps to use?

The depending snaps should ship libhunspell in itself.