Auto connect requests for deja-dup snap

Currently, the deja-dup snap is allowed classic confinement. I’m working to change to that to strict confinement.

Requested autoconnections: home, removable-media, system-backup

I believe these will let me offer a suitable user experience (continued support for read & write for user data, but dropping to read-only for system and user configuration – and still write backups to removable storage).

Please don’t remove classic confinement yet as an option. I still need to roll out the strictly confined version.

(As an aside, the one big UX issue with implementing support for this app-side is that I can’t show the user a file chooser dialog that looks like it’s actually the hostfs. If they browse up to the system, they’ll see the confined environment. Would be nice to be able to “chroot” a file dialog somehow. But that’s likely a gtk issue, not yours. Just saying.)

Hmm. Looks like I’ll also need some rules for being able to mount gvfs backends. Looking into what that means…

Just posted Interface suggestion: gvfs about missing the ability to talk to gvfs.

As a backup snap, it makes sense to auto-connect home and system-backup for backups to removable-media. That said, if you have system-backup you don’t actually need home since it gives it to you already.

+1 to auto-connect all three (note home is already auto-connected on classic, but this would allow auto-connection on Ubuntu Core as well).

@reviewers - can others please vote?

+1 from me to auto-connect all home system-backup and removable-media for deja-dup

+1 for auto-connection from me as well.

3 votes for, 0 against for auto-connecting home, system-backup and removable-media. Granting. This is now live.