Auto-connect log-observe for alphasoc-ae

Hello!

I’d like to request auto-connect of log-observe for: https://snapcraft.io/alphasoc-ae

The alphasoc-ae snap is comprised of the main analytics engine service, and a small configuration/monitoring UI. This UI relies on log-observe to give a user visibility into engine operation.

Thanks in advance!

+1 from me as this is required for standard functionality of this snap - however, currently the snap’s description doesn’t really say anything about what the snap does and hence I suspect it would not be obvious to users of the snap that it would have this permission. Can the description of the snap please be updated to explain more about what the snap does and how it uses this permission? Thanks.

@alexmurray - Thanks! I’ve updated the snap description to include a small blurb about the UI which provides configuration and AE process monitoring (hence log-observe). Please let me know if further details are needed.

@kmroz hey, apologize for the long delay.

+1 from me as well for auto-connect log-observe to alphasoc-ae since this is clearly required for the snap to properly operate. +2 votes for, 0 votes against. This is now live.

@emitorino Hi, not a problem. Thanks for the +1! Is there anything that needs to be done from my end?

Best, -Karol

Hey @kmroz, not at all! If you run snap connections alphasoc-ae, you should see the log-observe iface connected. Let us know if you see any issue but otherwise this request is completed.

Hi @emitorino,

Confirmed; works as expected. Many thanks!

-Karol

1 Like