Auto-connect for gdu-disk-usage-analyzer

Hello,
I would like to ask you for system-files interface for gdu (Go Disk Usage), to become fully functioning snap package.

Gdu is disk usage analyzer written in Go. It’s abilities and user interface is similar to ncdu but aims to be faster on modern hardware.

For the analyzer to be properly functional it usually needs read access to system files directories.
Therefore the snapcraft.yaml requests this plug:

plugs:
  read-root:
    interface: system-files
    read:
    - /usr
    - /var
    - /home
    - /opt
    - /etc
    - /mnt

It seems to me for this application the system-backup interface would be more suitable than the system-files interface, see https://snapcraft.io/docs/the-system-backup-interface.

You are right, system-backup is more suitable, I have missed this one. Updated in snapcraft.yaml.

1 Like

I would like then to rephrase the request: I would like to ask for auto-connect for mount-observe and system-backup interfaces.

1 Like

+1 from me for auto-connect of the mount-observe and system-backup interfaces for gdu-disk-usage-analyzer - as a snap that wants to analyse disk usage, it makes perfect sense for it to be able to observe what disks are available and then be able to read the hostfs to determine this. Can other @reviewers please vote too?

1 Like

+1 to auto-connect for the reasons given.

+1 from me for auto-connect mount-observe and system-backup interfaces for gdu-disk-usage-analyzer.

+3 votes for, 0 votes against, granting auto-connect of mount-observe and system-backup to gdu-disk-usage-analyzer. This is now live.

1 Like