Attaching custom build ubuntu core image to private store

I know I think that Canonical should think of some simpler and cheaper version of brand store. Maybe a free plan for up to 10 devices logged to it for testing and maybe 5$ per device per year. I read somewhere on this forum, that pricing for it right now is “huge.” But maybe something changed since last time I checked this.

the price list is at:

(brand store users with only 10 devices are pretty rare in IoT though) :slight_smile:

Please note: I think private snaps are only intended for development, not as a mechanism to distribute snaps from the brand store for production.

@ogra Some big companies I guess. But smaller ones start with small number of devices. I think spending 15k usd per year is only worth it if you have more than 1k devices.

@kyleN I am aware of this. I will only use this on a less than 10 devices for testing.

1 Like

well, i beg to disagree (but i’m also talking a lot to customers) if the alternative to these 15k is to have some in-house team maintain a fully fledged yocto from bottom to top, that in-house team is probably 10x the money … while core actually enables you to fully focus on your apps only and forget about the OS after initial bringup …

You know it depends on many factors like how big is the app, how big is development and what is importance of the app. For a small app, with a small team or for a small startup it still too much IMHO. For a bank, it is nothing.

@kyleN Let me know if you push it to edge. I will test it if it works. and after that I will talk to my boss if we can afford a brand store :wink:

Hey @PiotrD Piotr, can you try revision 17/Version 11 amd64 now on edge and let me know? thanks.

Hi,
The latest package works fine. I was able to generate auto-import.assert with email and use it on my image to create system-user. However, I am still not able to see snap that is associated with my account.

{"id":1,"username":"****","email":"*****@*","macaroon":"MDAxM  ..

username and email are the ones associated with account storing the private snap.

@ogra
Hmm if auth.json is generated, it means that login to ubuntu one was successful ? What else I can do to debug it ?

1 Like

@PiotrD

Sorry to bump this thread - I was just curious if you ever figured out how to get this to work? I am looking to do a test deployment for ~15 devices, and would love to be able to use Snaps. Making the snap public unfortunately isn’t an option, and $15k is out of our price range at this stage.

If you were able to get it to work, any help you can give would be fantastic!