Account name change to "Ubuntu Robotics Community"

Hello,

I would like to request the change of the name of my account (full name + username) on snapcraft.io.

I already changed the full name and username on launchpad. The change on LP is not reflected on snapcraft.io that’s why I am requesting it here.

Old full name: “Canonical robotics” , New full name: “Ubuntu Robotics Community” Old username: “robotics-brand-store” , New username: “ubuntu-robotics-community”

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Yes, you need to change your details on Ubuntu SSO. You can follow the “Quick Instructions” on the how to change your publisher name page to do that.

Thanks,

Odysseus

Thank you for the link. I followed the instructions and it doesn’t work as expected. Using the snapcraft dashboard I could change the username. Unfortunately, the “full name” is not available for editing on the dashboard.

Changing the full name on Ubuntu SSO doesn’t have any impact on the snapcraft. io full name.

The command from the guide to confirm the names is returning the correct username but still the old “Full Name”.

Is there another way to change the “Full Name” displayed on snapcraft. io ?

So you full name on Ubuntu SSO is the new one but snapcraft.io shows the old one? There is a web cache that might take ~15’ to update. Have you allowed enough time before re-checking snapcraft.io?

Also, may I ask what does snap info <snap_name> for one of your snaps show? Does it still display the old name?

So you full name on Ubuntu SSO is the new one but snapcraft.io shows the old one?

Yes that is correct. I have waited several hours + tried private browsing on another browser.

the snap info command gives me exactly the same answer as snapcraft. io (so the old name, not the one on Ubuntu SSO).

It’s been years since I’ve tried, but once you’ve updated the Ubuntu SSO side; try logging out of all Ubuntu SSO sites (Ubuntu Forums, Snapcraft, Launchpad, etc). Once you reauthenticate, the publisher name in dashboard.snapcraft.io also becomes editable (once it see’s the Ubuntu account name change).

Then once it’s updated on the dashboard, a final round of reauthentication should usually apply it so that it’s visible in all your snaps.

Thank you, I also tried this but no impact. I still cannot edit the “Full Name” on dashboard.snapcraft.io.

Hi,

Thanks for trying out this workaround too! This looks like a potential bug. Could you please file a bug report with a detailed description of the current status and the steps you’ve tried so far?

Thanks,

Odysseus

Thank you, I opened a ticket: Bug #2046454 “Changing the “full name” in Ubuntu SSO and dashboa...” : Bugs : Canonical SSO provider

Hi,

Thanks for filing the bug, We will investigate why the full name is not being updated, in the meantime we manually updated the full name to match SSO display name. Please let us know if its gets reverted, I think it could happen after you logout/login.

Cheers,

Hi,

Thank you for the name change. While it appears to be effective on the account details and publisher page. The change doesn’t seem to be effective on the snaps pages. Like this one still shows the previous full name. Does it take some time to be effective?

Thank you

Hi, As mentioned in the bug, the name change should work if the account drops the verified state. Will take a look as there might be another place that is not being updated because of the verified case.

Regards.

Hi,

Could you try log out and login following How to change your publisher name, but without changing anything in ubuntu sso? e.g:

1. Log out of Snapcraft.
  2. Log out of Snapcraft dashboard.
  3. Log out of Ubuntu SSO.
  4. Log back into Ubuntu SSO.
  5. Log into Snapcraft dashboard.

Thanks

Hi Again,

After looking further at this, as mentiomned in the lp bug, because the account is a “Verified” one the changes to the display name in ubuntu one/SSO are not surfaced to {dashboard.}snapcraft.io in order to not mislead consumers while the publisher is verified.

What we could do is to remove the Veirfied status from the account, which will enable you to follow the steps in How to change your publisher name to change the display name.

Please, let me know if I shall proceed and do it.

Cheers

Hello, Yes please proceed with the removal of the verified status. Then I will follow the how to guide to change the publisher name.

Thank you

Hi,

The account is not longer verified

Cheers,

Thank you I could change completely the Full Name of the account!

Hi,

Good to know!

Account set back to verified.

Cheers

1 Like