2.28 release cycle started

@mvo will confirm, but it’s a bit late to cherry pick things into 2.28 I’m afraid. The release is coming out on Monday, and patches at this point would mean at least another week of testing.

This will be in 2.29 for sure, though, and the beta is coming out early next week too.

Yeah, Gustavo is correct. It will most likely not be part of 2.28 (sorry for that). However it is pulled it into the release/2.28 branch so if we need to do a point release it will be part of that.

That’s fine, I’ll cherry-pick it back into 2.28.1 release for Fedora.

snapd 2.28.1 has been submitted to updates-testing in Fedora:

No special notes are yet published, as release highlights haven’t been made.

It should synchronize out to mirrors in the next 24-48 hours. Please test!

Just a heads-up. We are doing a tiny 2.28.2 update. It contains only the following fixes:

• Bug in dhcp handling if IP address changes accross leases: details.
  • typo in the network-control udev interface: <a href="https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/pull/4018>details
  • improve distro checks to take ID_LIKE from os-release into account: details.

An another update. We pushed 2.28.4 to beta with the following fixes:

• interfaces/opengl: don’t udev tag nvidia devices and use snap-
    confine instead
    - debian: fix replaces/breaks for snap-xdg-open
    - interfaces/lxd: lxd slot implementation can also be an app
    snap

Thanks for the excellent feedback we got here in the forum! I would like to encourage people here in the forum to run core from “candidate” (sudo snap refresh --candidate core). This was we have a better chance to catch all the corner cases before stable is hit.

1 Like

Last night a new revision of 2.28 was pushed to the candidate channel. The snapd version is 2.28.5.

But the most important change in this release is the updated wpasupplicant package that fixes the recent wifi “krack” CVEs. In addition to this security update we also fixed support for the latest nvidia drivers and fixed an incorrect rule in the network-control interface.

Please run: sudo snap refresh --candidate core if you haven’t already :slight_smile: Feedback welcome!